Dec 13, 2010

Time to explore

One of the great things about living in the desert is the weather. Even now, in mid-December, we're experiencing record heat, with day time temps. right around 85 degrees. Nice yes, Christmasy.... not so much.

However, anytime us desert-locals want to see 4 season weather, it's only a 2 hour drive North! I packed a pretty Christmas picnic basket yesterday and we braved the chilly air in hopes of seeing something that resembled winter. There was actually snow up there!! ** This is the same hike I did in Oct. when the leaves were changing colors. Those photo's are in this post.**















Every time we visit Sedona I wished we lived a little closer to the mountains!! :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! We're also dealing with above average temps here in Albuquerque. It's nice to not have to bundle up like crazy when cruising around town but I'm secretly wishing for at least a few inches of snow this Christmas.
Merry Christmas to you and your family! (btw, your blog is lovely) Take care.

Michelle Wooderson said...

Tara, what a beautiful place. I never knew there would be snow so close in the dessert. Now get off that cliff thingy....you're scaring me. :)

Bonnie said...

What gorgeous photos!

Lili said...

great photos! I love the mountains too:)

Lili said...

great photos! I love the mountains too:)

Helen C said...

Tara, I love these photos x