Feb 21, 2011

menu planning

The weekend was a blast and I don't think I've done that much shopping in one day since.... maybe ever! I've edited all of my quilt photos this afternoon and am planning to do a separate post for that project!! There are lots of photos to share tonight!

But first - this weeks menu! I'm revisiting some of my favorites like polenta and mushrooms and Peter put in a request for garlic chicken-bowtie pasta and meatloaf. (I'm going to fix the healthier version and hope he doesn't notice. :)) Have you tried any new dishes or recipes that are worthy of sharing?? :)


(proof that Polyvore can be used for more that just fashion!)

Monday:
Pad Thai
Jicama-Papaya-Apple Salad
Marinated Cucumbers

Tuesday:
Marinated Chicken Tenders, (coated in Panko Bread crumbs and baked)
Grilled Polenta with a Mushroom Ragu
Watermelon & Strawberries

Wednesday:
Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
Couscous
Cantaloupe

Thursday:
Broccoli & Cheddar Soup
Spinach & Strawberry Salad
Garlic Naan Bread

Friday:
Turkey Meatloaf
Sweet Potato Fires
Garden Salad

Saturday:
Bowtie Pasta with Chicken & mushrooms, Garlic Parmesan cream sauce
Garden Salad

Off to the grocery store I go!

4 comments:

Meghann Andrew said...

Hi Tara! Do you have any links to your recipes? They always sounds great, but have no clue where to look for them. Thanks!

Emily said...

Tara, I made a super, very quick, easy and delicious meal at the weekend: Put pasta on to cook; fry some bacon lardons until fat has rendered; whisk up 3 egg yolks (keep the whites for meringues!) until fluffy, ladle some pasta water into the yolks, season, then stir into the bacon. This becomes a creamy sauce, stir in the cooked pasta. I stirred in some creme fraiche also. Authentic Carbonara in minutes! (btw, I linked to you in my last blog post as a source in *inspiration*!)

Emily said...

I forgot to mention the addition of LOTS of parmesan into the yolk mix!!!!!! Essential!!!!

Brittany H. said...

Girl, you are absolutely kick-ass to do this for your family. I want to come live at your house!

X,
www.brittanyhavicn.blogspot.com