Sep 21, 2011

Crate: my home

First off, thank you for the all the positive thoughts, prayers and kind words and even though some of them made me cry, I still really appreciate the thought.

You know when you experience something on a large scale, and you know you're never going to be the same again? and yet, you also know that you have to put on a smile, muster up enough grace to get through each coming day (even if you don't have the energy to change out of your pjs) and be the wonder mommy and wife you need to be for everyone? Well, that right now, is me. I find it very peculiar how something so life altering for me could have happened not even 2 weeks ago and realistically my everyday life is much the same as it was. I don't really understand how it's possible.

So, for the past 2 weeks, I have done almost nothing on the creative front. I knew I had to prepare Crate Paper's monthly challenge post for the blog and yet I've felt anything but inspired lately. I had already chosen the word Home for the challenge and like most of my work, I just wanted to create something light hearted and simple. It was a good thought in theory but I just wasn't that into it. And then a really simple idea came to me, I'd write my grandparents a letter.



Simple and maybe not quite as lighthearted as I would have liked but this layout came together in just an hour and for the "home" theme it was perfect.





If you feel like scrapbooking this week/weekend check out my challenge here.

I'll be in and out this week, I have a bunch of projects I've completed for Crate paper that I wanted to post and I really do want to get back to creating, I just need to carve out some time! xo ~ T

6 comments:

Blossom inch said...

just beautiful, writing a letter to Grandma and Grandpa is just so unique and this one really touching. Love the idea you sewed on the fabric and pasted everything on a fabric and you can flip it and see the whole letter. I love the mist of colors too..

clouds said...

beautiful scrap page Tara, lovely and very thoughtful and very creative, sending more good vibes yer way :)

Hugs,
C

Lissa said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and Your family are in my thoughts and prayers. Your lo is simply beautiful!

Bonnie said...

It's hard and it takes ages before you feel "normal" again. When my brother died, I couldn't understand how nothing really had changed. The only thing that changed for me personally that my heart was broken and that family puzzle piece was now gone. It's devastating. Somehow, you drag yourself around and feed the cat, make dinner, get dressed but inside you are dying.

I hope you can get through this...and everyone used to say it to me and I thought "what rubbish" but it true "time does heal" you will never be the same again, a part of you is gone for good, but you DO feel better and you do laugh again and eventually you surprise yourself by being able to talk about your lost loved one with a smile and even a laugh. IT took me over a year to get to that, but it happened.

big hugs to you dear Tara.

Unknown said...

This is the BEST layout I have ever every laid eyes on. This is what scrapbooking is about. Thanks for sharing and bravo on such a heart felt layout that will be cherished forever! You are an inspiration!

Andrea M. said...

I absolutely ADORE this project. Documenting from the heart, and gorgeous art. Thank you so much for sharing it.